Preparation for the League


Welcome back! Today, I'm going to cover some of the preparations in roster building that I made for the TTS League's seventh season and the reasoning behind my choices. With the new X-Men wave upon us, almost doubling the size of the affiliation with the addition of Rogue, Gambit, Magik, Colossus, X-23 and Honey Badger, a lot of new opportunities were opening up so choices had to be made.

The first one was which kind of Uncanny X-Men did I want to bring and what would be my goals. I quickly made the decision that I wanted to bring an all affiliated roster and it would serve two purposes, the first being able to test and play with the new characters and the second, to see how far I could go with an all X-Men team.

Next was; which kind of roster did I want to play and thought would work best? Interestingly a new type of roster opened up with the release of Juggernaut and the Tactics Card: Versatile Strategy. So I had 3 choices before me, build around a roster under Storm's leadership; X-Men Gold, Cyclops's Leadership; X-Men Blue or try to do something with both.

After a fair amount of testing with the three options, I ended up going with a team I felt comfortable with, that I would enjoy playing and thought would perform the best going into the league. My choice settled on a Storm led team, featuring most of the new models. So here's the roster.

Characters
Storm, Beast, Cable, Domino, Gambit, Honey Badger, Jean Grey, Magik, Rogue and X-23

Tactics Cards
Blind Obsession, Brace for Impact (R), First Class, Follow Me, Indomitable, Journey Through Limbo, Medpack (R), No Matter the Cost, Sacrifice and To Me, My X-Men

Crises
Infinity Formula Goes Missing!, Mutant Madmen Turns City Center Into Lethal Amusement Park, Portals Overrun City with Spider-People!

Fear Grips World as 
"Worthy" Terrorize Cities, Spider-Infected Invade Manhattan, Struggle for the Cube Continues.

Popular Posts